Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip M&M cookies!
If you are going to eat something unhealthy it might as well be a good homemade cookie.
the perfect cookie with crisp edges and a chewy centre
How to blanch and freeze rhubarb
I received some home grown rhubarb from my in-laws (thank you!!) and haven't had time to bake anything with it yet so I decided to blanch and freeze it.
1. Clean rhubarb, pull any fibrous strings from stacks and cut into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces.
* this can be done with zucchini as well. Great for in the summer when zucchini is inexpensive... buy several to freeze and use in recipes later on
2. Place of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, add rhubarb or zucchini and allow to boil for 1 minute
3. Remove from boiling water and place immediately into ice water to stop cooking process.
4. Remove from ice water and spread on paper towels to dry. Place in bags to freeze. I froze 2 cups in each of my bags.
5. Recipes to follow with what I bake with the rhubarb