I woke up this morning with low energy and decided today should be a relaxing day.
I started out the day with an energizing shake, using the blackberries we picked from yesterday.
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup blackberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup water
Blend all together
Since today is a relaxing day I decided I should complete an easy craft.
Wooden Box plant holder
Wooden Box (I was going to make it but bought it from Michaels with a 40%off coupon)
3 mason jars
Modge Podge (matte finish)
Paint & Paintbrush
Dirt & Flowers
Paint the wooden box then let completely dry.
Once dry, paint a layer of Modge Podge and let dry.
Use sandpaper to rough around the edges.
Fill 3 mason jars with dirt and flowers.
* the flowers I would like to use were not available so for right now
I am using fake flowers and will replace as soon as they are in.
Wooden box plant holder!
I decided to put this on the window ledge in my bathroom.
I also decided to quick make our lunch meals for the week:
Tomato-Basil Spinach Shrimp Risotto
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves minced garlic
3/4-1 cup dry arborio rice (risotto)
2 1/2 cup chicken broth (keep warm on back burner)
3-5 juicy tomatoes
1/2 bag of spinach
2 handfuls torn basil
1-2 cups of shrimp (with tails off)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
I used cherry tomatoes from my plant, as well as fresh ripe tomatoes from the
Gray family garden (thank you!)
Also used 2 handfuls of basil.
Next year I will plant more basil as I tend to go thru it fast.
1. Melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add 2 minced garlic cloves and season with salt and paper
2. Add Arborio Rice
3. Stir until rice is coated in butter.
4. Add a ladle full of chicken broth to rice, about 1/2 cup, then stir rice continuously until nearly absorbed. Keep adding and stirring (20 minutes or so).
5. When there is 1/4 of the broth left, add tomatoes (already cut up) and keep stirring. When 1 ladle full left, add spinach & torn basil and shrimp.
6. After last of the broth is absorbed, add parmesan cheese. Add additional seasoning if needed.