Tuesday 8 October 2013

Dutch Soup


This recipe has been passed on from my Mom and Oma. A classic 'dutch soup' recipe.... perfect for a cold day.  My FAVOURITE soup recipe!! So delicious. 
I tend to add as much vegetables as I can!! Add any type of vegetable you want. I don't like my soups with too much broth, but f you want more broth, just add more water in the beginning. 

Ingredients:
500 grams extra lean beef made into meatballs
8 chopped carrots
10 chopped celery sticks
1 can diced tomatoes
1 onion
3 cups corn
egg noodles
1 package knor tomato vegetable soup mix

1. Make meatballs using the beef and place in a extra large saucepan, fill half full of water. Bring to a boil then let simmer for 20 minutes.

2. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, simmer for another 30 minutes.

3. Add salt & pepper and serve warm with crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment